150g plain flour
50g caster sugar
- Preheat oven 160C
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl
- Gradually mix in the flour
- Using your hands knead the mix together into a smooth ball
- Roll out to about 1/2 cm thick
- Cut out your shapes and place on baking tray
- Bake for 10-15mins
These were so yummy, the only thing I found was that the mix didn't make many biscuits so next time I will be making a lot more and doublin' up on the ingredients. If you don't have a rolling pin (like me, having just moved I need to replace my old one) you can use a bottle (or wine bottle whatever your preference) but it works just as well!
I used my new mixer its so basic but it works. The cookie cutter I used was from Tiger Stores but I think I'll be investing in a larger one, they are teeny tiny great for kids. The shortbreads' nearly gone now so I might need to make some more.....